LORAIN — There will be some new administrators in the district next school year, following two resignations announced late Monday evening.
The district announced shortly after 10 p.m. Monday on its Facebook page Southview Middle School Principal Brittiany Sanford and Executive Director of Student Services Doreen Morrell had resigned. Morrell will return to her former position with Clearview Schools, while Sanford is leaving the district to “spend more time with her family,”
“Citing the level of consistency and commitment it takes to support scholars, Sanford stated she did not want her time spent with family, and away from the classrooms, to take a toll on school culture and create stress for her team,” the district wrote.
Morrell’s position will be open to internal and external candidates.
To fill the vacancy at Southview, Longfellow Middle School Principal Rae Bastock will return to the school where she served as principal for two years previously.
According to the district, the vacancy at Longfellow will be filled internally, with staff having input in the decision-making process.
- Administration shuffle goes on at Lorain schools
- Legal opinion says Lorain school administrator may have violated privacy laws
- Lorain Schools officials visit Texas charter schools
- Lorain principals will cost the district $42,000 more next year
- Lorain Schools names all but 2 turnaround principals
- Community panels to meet with Lorain Schools principal candidates