ELYRIA — The cause of death hasn’t been determined for a Wellington man who died Saturday after being beaten Thursday.
Hugh Shannon, a Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office spokesman, said Monday an autopsy was performed Saturday on Jeffrey Brooks, but a determination on the cause of Brooks’ death is pending further investigation. Shannon said his office is awaiting results on laboratory tests.
Brooks, 25, of the 18000 block of Gifford Road, was hospitalized after he said he was “sucker punched” by Elyria resident Nicholas Masley.
- Elyria man's murder trial begins
- Prosecutors: Nick Masley lured Jeffrey Brooks to trailer park with intent of beating
- Cousin testifies at Nick Masley's murder trial
- Jury watches murder suspect's videotaped statement
- Renowned expert witness says heroin, not punches, killed man
- Nick Masley found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, assault in death of Jeffrey Brooks (UPDATED)
- VIDEO: No further jail time for Nick Masley in death of Jeffrey Brooks (UPDATED)