LORAIN – Police are searching for a 16-year-old boy who they have identified as the suspect in the homicide of Kenneth W. Shinafelt.
Shinafelt, 31, of Elyria, died after being shot in the head in the 2300 block of Reeves Avenue at about 11:50 p.m. Monday.
Lorain police are asking for the public’s help in searching for Darius Ramey, 16. Officers met with Ramey’s mother and learned that he has been living on the streets since May. Ramey is known to frequent the west side of Lorain and hang out at the Lorain Metropolitan Housing Authority developments of Leavitt Homes and Westview Terrace, near Leavitt Road, police said.
HANDOUT PHOTO FROM LORAIN POLICE DEPARTMENT Enlarge
Ramey is considered armed and dangerous, police said. He is a black male, 6 feet 1 inch tall and 140 pounds.
The Chronicle-Telegram generally does not name juvenile suspects but waived that in this case because police say this teen –whose name and picture they released – is armed and dangerous.
Anyone that knows of Ramey’s whereabouts is asked to call the Lorain Police Department (440) 204-2100 or the detective bureau at (440) 204-2105.
- Kentucky man sought in Lorain fatal shooting
- Accused killer waives extradition
- Prosecutors seek to try murder suspect as an adult
- Lorain teen pleads not guilty in shooting death
- Son arrested in Lorain woman's killing
- Suspect's friend testifies he heard but didn't see shooting
- Elyria murder suspect to be tried as adult
- Suspects indicted in two Lorain homicides
- Local teen's case could go back to juvenile court thanks to ruling
- 8. Violent summer in Lorain
- Murder suspect back in juvenile system
- Teen accused in Lorain murder case headed back to adult court
- 'He had a big heart': Family, friends remember homicide victim a year later
- Darius Ramey sentenced to 21 years for 2016 homicide (UPDATED)
- Lorain police investigate man's shooting death
- Elyria man dead after overnight shooting in Lorain