NORTH RIDGEVILLE — A woman who was shot during her lunch break Thursday afternoon was listed in critical condition Friday at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland.
Jacqueline Dienes, 54, of Avon, was sitting in her car in an area on Bender Road where Invacare employees go to smoke since it is prohibited on company property.
Dienes told officers that she was in her vehicle — a white Lexus — when a man in his mid-20s approached her car. They had a brief conversation that ended with him pulling out a gun and shooting her several times, she told police.
“She was responsive — in and out in the beginning — but started coming around a little bit better,” North Ridgeville police Capt. Marti Garrow said Thursday.
The investigation is on-going.
“We’ve got some good leads that we are working on,” Garrow said Friday.
Anyone with information is asked to call the North Ridgeville Police at (440) 327-2191.
- Two arrested in connection with North Ridgeville shooting
- Police: Man admits shooting woman on Bender Road
- 2 Lorain men indicted in January shooting in North Ridgeville
- Suspect in North Ridgeville shooting seeks reduced bond
- Police seek man in 20s in connection with North Ridgeville shooting (UPDATE)
- Developing: Suspect arrested in Westlake is not connected to the North Ridgeville shooting