ELYRIA — The cases of two men allegedly involved in a murder-for-hire plot that led to the shooting death of Willie Fisher have been bound over for a grand jury to consider.
Bruce Arnoff, 56, of Solon, and Patrick Gall, 18, of East Cleveland, were scheduled to have preliminary hearings Tuesday afternoon in Elyria Municipal Court, but both men waived their rights to the hearings. The cases were sent to the grand jury to decide whether to indict the men.
Arnoff is charged with murder and tampering with evidence, and prosecutors have said that he paid Gall and John Sullivan, 29, also of East Cleveland, $500 to murder Fisher. Fisher’s body was found near Convenient Food Mart on East Avenue in Elyria, and the crime was caught on video, according to the prosecutor.
Gall has been charged with aggravated murder and was arrested last week after a nearly four-hour standoff with police and U.S. Marshals in East Cleveland. Both Gall and Arnoff are being held in Lorain County Jail on $2 million bond.
Sullivan remains incarcerated in Cuyahoga County. He was pulled over reportedly for speeding on Interstate 480 by Brooklyn police less than four hours after Fisher’s body was found. He faces charges of having weapons under disability, according to court documents.
Sullivan was scheduled for a preliminary hearing Tuesday morning in Parma Municipal Court but waived the hearing. He has been indicted on a felony charge in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court and was originally scheduled to be arraigned there July 27, but the arraignment has been pushed up to today.
Like Gall, Sullivan faces charges of aggravated murder in Lorain County stemming from the Fisher killing.
- Third man in Elyria murder-for-hire plot has court date this morning
- Bruce Arnoff seeks plea change in murder-for-hire plot
- 6. Elyria homicide revealed to be murder-for-hire plot
- 'This is undoubtedly the worst form of this offense': Bruce Arnoff, John Sullivan plead guilty in Willie Fisher homicide (UPDATED)
- Murderer accused of trying to smuggle drugs into prison
- A day before his murder conviction, Patrick Gall caught with weapon in jail
- Jury should get murder-for-hire case Monday
- Patrick Gall found guilty, sentenced to life in prison in murder for hire case
- Witness testifies he saw suspect, victim walking together before homicide
- Trial begins for East Cleveland man accused of murder for hire
- Jury chosen for suspect in murder-for-hire plot
- New evidence revealed in Elyria killing-for-hire case
- Three indicted in connection with July fatal shooting in Elyria
- Third man in murder-for-hire slaying could face death penalty
- Brooklyn officer recalls traffic stop during trial on alleged murder-for-hire
- Elyria homicide suspect arraigned in municipal court (VIDEO)
- Read how Elyria police determined they were looking for the wrong man in convenient store homicide (UPDATED)
- Suspect sought in Elyria homicide; two already in custody (UPDATED)
- Gall arraigned in Elyria homicide; bail set at $2 million (UPDATED)
- Elyria police investigating fatal shooting