ELYRIA — The third man wanted in a murder-for-hire plot that led to the shooting death of Willie Fisher has been brought to Lorain County.
John Sullivan, 29, of East Cleveland, is set to be arraigned in Elyria Municipal Court this morning after being transported from Cuyahoga County Jail.
Police say Sullivan is one of two men Bruce Arnoff, 56, of Solon, paid $500 to kill Fisher. Fisher’s body was found near Convenient Food Mart on East Avenue in Elyria on July 6. The crime was caught on video, according to the prosecutor.
Arnoff and the other man alleged to be part of the plot, Patrick Gall, 18, of East Cleveland, have both had their cases bound over to the grand jury to decide whether to indict the men. Both men were arraigned the week after the fatal shooting took place.
Sullivan, however, wasn’t arraigned in Elyria Municipal Court due to his being arrested in Cuyahoga County shortly after the police say Fisher was killed.
He was pulled over reportedly for speeding on Interstate 480 by Brooklyn police less than four hours after Fisher’s body was found. He faced charges of having weapons under disability, according to court documents.
A warrant was issued for Sullivan on July 10, but he remained in Cuyahoga County custody until his case was resolved Wednesday.
According to court records, Sullivan pleaded guilty to having weapons while under disability on Wednesday in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court. He was sentenced to one year in prison.
Judge Carolyn Friedland ordered Sullivan to be transferred to the custody of Elyria police for the pending aggravated murder charges. Sullivan was booked into Lorain County Jail about 11:16 a.m. Thursday, according to the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office.
Bond hasn’t been set in Sullivan’s case yet, but both Arnoff and Gall are being held on $2 million bond.
- Third man in murder-for-hire slaying could face death penalty
- Bruce Arnoff seeks plea change in murder-for-hire plot
- 6. Elyria homicide revealed to be murder-for-hire plot
- 'This is undoubtedly the worst form of this offense': Bruce Arnoff, John Sullivan plead guilty in Willie Fisher homicide (UPDATED)
- Murderer accused of trying to smuggle drugs into prison
- Patrick Gall found guilty, sentenced to life in prison in murder for hire case
- Jury should get murder-for-hire case Monday
- A day before his murder conviction, Patrick Gall caught with weapon in jail
- Witness testifies he saw suspect, victim walking together before homicide
- Trial begins for East Cleveland man accused of murder for hire
- Jury chosen for suspect in murder-for-hire plot
- New evidence revealed in Elyria killing-for-hire case
- Three indicted in connection with July fatal shooting in Elyria
- Brooklyn officer recalls traffic stop during trial on alleged murder-for-hire
- Gall arraigned in Elyria homicide; bail set at $2 million (UPDATED)
- Suspect sought in Elyria homicide; two already in custody (UPDATED)
- Read how Elyria police determined they were looking for the wrong man in convenient store homicide (UPDATED)
- Elyria homicide suspect arraigned in municipal court (VIDEO)
- 2 bound over to grand jury in murder-for-hire plot