LORAIN – An Elyria man died after being shot in the head Monday in the 2300 Block of Reeves Avenue.
Kenneth William Shinafelt, 31, was transported to Mercy Hospital at 11:49 p.m. and then flown to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland where he succumbed to his injuries at 7:02 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
No arrests have been made at this time.
Investigators are still gathering evidence and interviewing potential witnesses. Anyone with information should call the Lorain Police Department at 440-204-2105.
- Lorain police seeking teen in fatal shooting
- Accused killer waives extradition
- Prosecutors seek to try murder suspect as an adult
- Lorain teen pleads not guilty in shooting death
- Son arrested in Lorain woman's killing
- Suspect's friend testifies he heard but didn't see shooting
- Elyria murder suspect to be tried as adult
- 'He had a big heart': Family, friends remember homicide victim a year later